New desk, new country, much worse eye sight. Much easier to get modeling materials, glues and paints here, but don’t have the best modeling lighting setup at the moment in my new office. Got better when I did the engine in the last few days. Still working out how to do modeling on top of my work desk with laptop external monitor and wacom tablet.
The Dave Deal (didn’t have to pay overseas postage costs ) is spray can Mr.Base WHITE 1000 filler primer with brush painted Tamiya flat black. Had to put a small brass rod in the rear window to his arm to get the car to stick with the super glue. It broke off without that, like 3 times. Arms were attached with 5 minute epoxy.
Started the Glitter Bug years ago by airbrushing his face. Then when moved house in December 2019, humidity was too low to spray paint the body color. When the humidity was right, I got a huge floater in my good left eye which made seeing what I was doing really tough. That was when I was trying to detail paint his head and body.
I never like the way the art is one way, but then the models themselves have the tires sticking out way too far. So I trimmed the axles and inner rims to push the wheels against the chassis so the tires are under the fenders more.
That meant the stock engine was way too wide, so we trimmed that to fit, had to move the carbs and made new exhaust headers. Was a case of make it fit by slicing sections out of the existing parts. The engine mounts on a new styrene plate that then glues to the back of the chassis.