Greetings everyone, been awhile..... Got the WeirdOh Bug again, and/or maybe just got mad at Leaky Louie and attacked him.... , but he's now Mad Jack, and he wants his modified roadster drag car, so I have been fabricating it for him.
Trying to figure out the picture posting here, so we'll see, or we won't. After preliminary surgery (giving Jack a nose, repositioning his head) Jack's all bandaged up while I draw up some plans for his ride. After getting him all painted up, he needed some tats.... My newest little buddy.....
Edit attempt #18..... Man! I just can't figure this out here, on my Android tablet, copying the url from my Fotki pic- for Forums, paste it in the url box....... aaaand nothing happens ..... Soooo, here I go again, attaching 3 pics, all under the 300 kbs, and here's the link to my Fotki Mad Jack WIP album: public.fotki.com/JohnFleischman/weirdoh-type-models-/mad-jacks-modified-/
All I know to do, as a 67 year old dog, who don't even know what a trick is anymo.....
Well, the old scratchbuilding bug has got me wondering once again.... if my original plan is still good, or should I change up? Just part of letting the build lead the way
I added wings, or fins, to Mad Jack's modified roadster, kinda 57 Chevy-ish, and started thinking BOAT.... but Mad Jack isn't Leaky Louie anymore, and wheels it is..... but, what about a jet? Uh..... No- NO, NO, NO!!!
So before anyone could say Freddie Flameoff..... I did this quick mockup with paper tires. Still a good ways away from wheels and axles- lots of body work to do yet, and the engine too. Did a bit of Photoshop work to get an idea, give an idea of Mad Jack all wheeled up..... 👇
Thanks everyone Making progress, and once again, whenever I do one of these WeirdOh-ish type builds, I have great difficulty keeping them simple- like the real WeirdOh kits. Still more fun than 6 barrels of pickles, so I guess I will just have to try again....
Fabbing up Jack's supercharged SBBC *(small big block Chevy) with balsa wood coated with TiteBond wood glue, which gives a nice yellow hue. Started on the 3SQ Blower body here.
Adding the finned covers and big injection pipes 😁
All together and primed. Have to wait for the slicks being mocked up before I can start on the headers.
Got Mad Jack's SBBC in paint, and neverending bodywork
Didn't do it intentionally, but this Chevy Orange mix is about the same color as Mad Jack's hair....
All these shots, just keep looking like BOAT..... Started sealing up the balsa wood trim on the fins, and added some spears made from a Cheezits box. I use TiteBond wood glue to brush on the balsa. Multiple coats give it an almost plastic type smooth surface.
You can see the shine from the TiteBond here, and I tried some paint on the fin end trim and taillight.
Started on the tires and wheels. Front skinnies here. One ready for sealing, the other ready for sanding....
Getting the skinnies fabbed up. White inner tube/tire is the carved balsa covered with vinyl spackling compound. Big hand is holding the wheel and full moon disc parts together.
Whoa! Quick and nasty slicks mockups. Cheap cardboard box layers. Mushy, but I can already see them on some other build.
Aaaand first mockup, looks good. Might be final pose
In the middle of the flakey paint..... Trying a WeirdOh-ish metalflake finish, but could only find cheap PLASTIC silver flake which I sprinkled over a fresh coat of FUTURE. Here there's been multiple coats of orange tinted FUTURE, and the artist's acrylics mixed on the body and scoop. Both transparent colors and they blend nicely.